Wednesday, June 5, 2013

7TH ASSEMBLY: TWO YEARS IN OFFICE, I RETURN THE GLORY TO GOD

I give God Almighty all the glory, honour and adoration for giving me another opportunity to be alive, hale and hearty to witness the 7th Assembly Second Legislative year; a smooth journey which started June 6, 2011 at the Federal House of Representatives.

My contributions so far as Hon (Comrade) Joseph Iranola Akinlaja at the hallowed chamber in the last 2 years have helped in entrenching robust debates, exciting motions, petitions, various constituency projects/empowerment programmes at the constituency level and quality legislation that had significantly impacted on the standard and quality of lives of our expectant people.

This medium plus other veritable platforms are the various channels of interaction, communication, and discourse with my constituents whom I primarily represent in the House of Representatives (Ondo East/West Federal constituency); the people of Nigeria on whose mandate I serve as Deputy Chairman Women Affairs; and the global community with which our dear country must partner to achieve our aspirations and destiny as a people united in strength, vision and purpose.

I am proud to be part of this sacred institution which has persistently shown strong commitment to rekindle the hopes of Nigerians especially the underdogs who now have a voice in our democratic institution and no longer treated with contempt or disdain. There is no gainsaying, therefore, that we have been elected to leadership at a most trying time; a period when the need to restore public confidence, set the agenda and machinery for legislative business, evolve best practices for public procurement, ensure judicious use of public funds, entrench transparency and accountability, unite our honourable members, and mobilise our energies towards the critical business of lawmaking and constituency representation.

I have a vision of a House of Representatives which shall once again be fondly referred to as the House of the Nigerian people, and thankfully we are living this dream. On this note special commendation must go to the Speaker of House of Representatives Rt Hon. Aminu Tambuwal for exhibiting unprecedented leadership qualities devoid of party influence, sentiments, bias, or ethnicity which truly represent the interest of ordinary Nigerians.

I use this opportunity to express my sincere appreciation to my Governor, His Excellency Governor Olusegun Mimiko, my wife, children, personal aides, extended family, and the entire principled people of Ondo State for their unflinching support, prayers, advice and immense contributions to set this enviable tone in politics which in the last two years have made my work to be meaningful and stress free. I also thank members of the opposition too for their constructive criticism, this has keep me going which is the beauty of democracy. My glowing tribute also goes to the media for being robust in discharging their constitutional mandate, as the fourth estate of the realm. Thank you all and God bless.

Signed:
Emmanuel Ajibulu,
Legislative Aide to Hon Joseph Akinlaja on Media/Strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment